Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Worship

Have you ever worshiped in an African dialect? Neither had I until this weekend, and it was pretty awesome! I also worshipped in Spanish and English. I love worshipping in different languages!! If you haven't done it before you should try it sometime!

So, this weekend a team from Miami, Florida was visiting our church and they lead the youth service on Friday night and the main service on Sunday morning. On Friday some of them shared their testimonies and their amazing musical talents that God has given them. They used their words, their voice, and their musical abilities to worship the Lord! It was amazing to see everyone in the room worshiping with all their hearts for the Lord!

One song that we sang both Friday and Sunday was Lord You Are Good in both Spanish and English. The Spanish version has been stuck in my head every since Friday night and I don't mind it at all, I love it!! The first line is SeƱor eres fiel y tu misericordia eterna! This line in the English version of the song is Lord you are good and your mercy enureth forever but I like the Spanish version better because it says Senor eres fiel which means Lord you are faithful. And that is so true! He is amazingly faithful. He is always there for me no matter what. It doesn't matter what is going on in my life or even if I have been spending time with him recently...HE IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL! AND ALWAYS THERE FOR ME! And I love that! And since I serve such an amazing God I should be worshiping him with all I have! It shouldn't matter who is watching or what they think, I need to put all myself into my worship for the one and only all powerful God! And I need to worship and serve him in everything I do, even the little things :)

So are you worshiping God with all you have all the time? If not, why not? Why aren't you worshiping the God who made you, gave you your amazing talents, cares for and loves you like no other, and is always faithful with all your heart and in everything you do no matter how big or small?

I will extol the Lord at all time; his praise will always be on my lips. -Psalm 34:1-

-Katey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment