Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Skydiving!

 
In December I went skydiving for my 18th birthday! I did a tandem jump and it was the most amazing experience! It was exhilarating, adrenaline-pumping, and just awesome! I never felt scared the whole time, even in the plane (I think that's because I had so much adrenaline). I got to free fall for about 60 seconds and then fall with a parachute for about 9 minutes. It felt like it happened way too fast. I absolutely loved it and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Even though I loved jumping out of a plane, the feeling of free falling (such an amazing feeling!!), and controlling the parachute; my favorite part was looking at God's creation from a new angle.
I got to turn around 360 degrees and see the beach, volcanoes, mountains, the few clouds that were out that day, and all the little cities in a new way. Looking out an airplane window will never be as cool. I had never seen God's creation like that before and I was awe-struck.

Ecclesiastes 7:13 (The Message) says...
"Take a good look at God's work. Who could simplify and reduce Creation's curves and angles to a plain straight line?"

When I was skydiving this verse came to life for me. God's creation is so detailed and breathtaking. There is no simple way to describe it. You just have to look at it for yourself.

When have you taken the time to just look at God's creation and see how wonderful it is? You don't have to go skydiving to do so (though it is a cool way to view His creation).

A few days after I landed we did a family devotion and the verse we looked at was Psalm 46:10 which says...
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

When we went over this devotion I remembered just being still while skydiving and looking at how amazing God's creation is. I took the time that I was still to think about how amazing He is and just praise him.

When have you taken the time to just be still? Do it right now. Be still and know that he is God.
-Katey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment