Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ruins.

On Friday I felt my first temblor (shaking from an earthquake). It wasn't long or a lot but it was an experience. It didn't do any damage near us but we felt it. But yesterday Clay, Emily, my dad, and our friends Andy and Amy went to go see some ruins around Antigua that were destroyed by the earthquake of 1773. Here are some pictures from our adventures...
The first ruin we went to was Santa Clara, it used to be a convent.
Inside the ruin there were some beautiful gardens, arches, and a lot of really cool architecture.
Below the ruins were some catacombs where nuns are still buried. We could go down the stairs to part of it.
We also went to San Francisco which is a monastery. We didn't tour it like we did with the convent but it was beautiful!
My day was ruined but it was a good thing!
-Katey :)

1 comment:

  1. NUNS!! i meet a nun once! at the walk for life at my school!! so awesome!!! lol about the "my day was ruined!" I MISS YOU TONS!! just wait for this summer though !! :)

    ReplyDelete