Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Busy Weekend.

Last Saturday I went to a Chochy concert. Chochy works for Servants 4 Him and does kids concerts. This one was at Oasis (a girls orphanage in San Lucas). It was awesome! Chochy and her group are so talented. I had a great time watching them, taking pictures, and meeting some of the girls. I prayed for 2 girls in Spanish and I talked to this one girl Marie for a while. I wish I could have spent the whole day at Oasis.
Chochy and her group performing.

Jose, Rossana, Marie, and I (top).
Marie and I on the trampoline (bottom).

Then Saturday afternoon I made kites with our friends Andy, Amy, and Mallory. I drew Count Dracula on my kite and my friend Mallory drew Frankenstein on hers.

Amy and Clay working on their kites (top 2).
Amy and Emily with their kite (2nd one in the middle).
Mallory and I with Dracula and Frankenstein (last one).

On Sunday, after church, I went to Wendy's house in Santiago Zamora for her birthday party. Her family was so hospitable and I had a great time!

Emily, Wendy, and I (left).
Wendy and her parents (right).

Then on Monday I went to Santiago Sacatepequez with a lot of our friends. They had a huge kite festival. It was amazing to see all the kites! The ginormous ones didn't fly but the giant ones did (they were taller then I was). They have the festival in a cemetery.

One of the giant kites flying (top).
The flowers for the dead (middle).
Me and one of the ginormous kites that just goes up for display (bottom).

I had an amazing weekend/beginning of the week. God showed and taught me so many things, I made a lot of great new relationships, I experienced many new things, and I spent time with great friends all in 4 days.
Hope you had a great weekend/beginning of the week.
-Katey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment