Monday, November 29, 2010

Their Rims Were High and Awesome!

I love to listen to podcasts of sermons and just the other day I was listening to Rob Bell speak about Ezekial and it was amazing. I strongly encourage you to listen to the whole talk (link below) but I want to share one thing that really stuck out to me...
"Their rims were high and awesome" -Ezekial 1:18a
Yes, this is a real verse in the Bible. Its part of an amazing story in the Bible of God reaching Ezekial by bypassing his brain and connecting straight with his heart. God gave Ezekial an experience that blew his mind but spoke to his heart. That is just amazing to me! I want God to talk to my heart because I know most of the time the things God wants to tell me or show me cant be comprehended by my brain. I want to be so connected with my God, my God who's rims are high and awesome, that he talks to my heart! And I don't want to try to comprehend with my brain because I know sometimes that is just not possible.
So with that said, go and listen to the sermon: Rob Bell's Sermon.
And once you do that come back and tell me what you think or what stuck out to you.
-Katey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment