Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kids Camp and Thanksgiving!

Within the past week I went to a kids camp in all Spanish and had Thanksgiving in English. haha Here is a quick reveiw of those two events...

Last weekend I was at a kids camp. It was awesome! Here are some pictures...
We split up into teams. There were the Super Campiones (Super Champions), Los Increibles (The Incredibles), X Team, and the best team was THUNDER KIDS! I was on Thunder Kids by the way. Oh and we won :)
We played games like the one in the photo above where the kids had to throw water balloons into the basket that their counselor was holding on their head. And whatever team won the game would get points.
We also sang worship songs around the fire on Saturday night and prayed for each other. It was so cool to see kids praying for each other. I got the chance to pray for a few kids in Spanish and though my prayer was short and probably had some grammar mistakes I know God understood what I was trying to say.
On Sunday we had a big obstacle course things where we had to go around and do activities involving water and mud. It was so much fun. The picture above is my team (Thunder Kids) after.
It was an awesome camp! I got to practice my spanish, I met some awesome people, and I had an amazing time!

And then on Thursday I had an awesome Thanksgiving almorcena! (linner in Spanish. And linner means lunch and dinner) We had 17 people in our house and everyone brought some of their favorite Thanksgiving foods to make on amazing meal! Here are some pictures...
Everybody getting food :)
Turkey!
Delicious Apple Crisp!
It was a great Thanksgiving with friends. And then later that night we got to skype with both sides of our family. So it was a great day :)

So those were my two favorite parts of this week. What were your two favorite parts?
-Katey :)

1 comment: