Monday, November 15, 2010

God's Creation:Volcano Pacaya

Take a good look at God's work. Who could simplify and reduce creation's curves and angles To a plain straight line?
-Ecclesiastes 7:13 (Message)

I LOVE this verse and how it describes what I saw this weekend while hiking the volcano Pacaya so perfectly. I saw some of God's amazing creation and there is no way that you could simplify it. There is no way I could even describe it all the way. Even the pictures I took cant describe how amazing and beautiful it was. You just have to see it for yourself. But I will still share some of my pictures with you :)

Our guide took us up on a route that he said most tourists dont take but that it has a great veiw. So we followed him and boy was he right. We could see the top of Pacaya when we looked one way. And when we looked the other way we could see Agua, Fuego, and Acatanaga (3 other volcanos, the ones I can see from my house) and we could see valleys, mountains, cities, lakes, and more. (The pictures above just show some of what we could see).

After stopping to take some pictures of the amazing views we kept walking and made it to the end. It was very warm and we had a chance to go down into a cave where it was like a sona. It was so cool. (The picture above is of my dad and Clay in the cave. You can kind of see the steam from how hot it was.)

Also the rocks were so hot that you could roast marshmallows in the crevasses. It cooked them PERFECTLY!

Then we would put them between two Chicky cookies and they made the PERFECT s'mores. And of course we shared our marshmallows and cookies with everyone else :) Then after eating and enjoying God's creation we began back down (it was easier then going up).

And through out the whole trip we made new friends. We made friends with Pete from England, a girl from Canada, and our guide. I talked to our guide (in the picture above) in Spanish for a good amount of the walk up. He was really cool. We told him next time we come to hike Pacaya we are going to bring him his picture :)

It was an AMAZING trip and I spent every second loving and admiring God's creation. My pictures did it no justice! You cant reduce all the curves and angles to a straight line. You just have to see it for yourself.
-Katey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment